Merry Christmas everyone! Hopefully you have enjoyed today – and you’re excited for tomorrow’s match action.
And it’s a very big 90 minutes of action. The Blues, dropping down to 5th prior to Christmas, face the team who took their third spot in the table on Saturday, Southport.
The Sandgrounders did it in convincing fashion too, romping to a 4-1 victory in the North East at bottom side Blyth Spartans. This was on the same day Chester had a frustrating afternoon at the 1885 Arena against Telford, the visitors sitting in and earning a gritty point.
It ended a run of three straight home wins in all competitions for the Blues, and they face a tough festive double over Liam Watson’s side – who are flying high. Last season, Bern and Jonno’s men took just one point from the two games between the sides – so will be hoping for a better return this season.
It’s a big game between two of the top five, and it’s not one to be missed!
OUR LAST MATCH
THE LAST FIVE (NATIONAL LEAGUE NORTH)
Southport | Position: 3rd Won: 3 Drawn: 0 Lost: 2
vs Spennymoor Town (a) | Lost 1-0 | Scorers: None
vs King’s Lynn Town (h) | Lost 1-2 | Scorer: Devarn Green
vs Kidderminster Harriers (a) | Won 1-0 | Scorer: Devarn Green
vs Gloucester City (h) | Won 1-0 | Scorer: Brad Bauress
vs Blyth Spartans (a) | Won 4-1 | Scorers: Brad Bauress, David Morgan, Jack Sampson, Ryan Astles
Chester FC | Position: 5th Won: 2 Drawn: 2 Lost: 1
vs Brackley Town (a) | Draw 1-1 | Scorer: Brad Jackson
vs Alfreton Town (h) | Won 3-0 | Scorers: Danny Livesey (2), Danny Elliott
vs Bradford PA (h) | Won 2-1 | Scorers: Anthony Dudley, Akwasi Asante
vs Darlington (a) | Lost 0-2 | Scorers: None
vs AFC Telford (h) | Draw 0-0 | Scorers: None
Kick off tomorrow is 3pm at Haig Avenue. The postcode for the ground is PR8 6JZ.
AWAY DAY INFO
The Blowick End is uncovered and reserved for away supporters, the capacity of which is 1100 Standing and 200 Seated in the Main Stand. Access to the away end is via turnstiles 4 – 6
Adults £15.00 £13.50
Concessions £11.00 £10.00
U12’s With a paying adult £0.00 £0.00
12 – 18 yrs £5.00 £5.00
Southport Football Club are operating cashless turnstiles in partnership with Kaizen Ticketing. They offer a 10% to all online purchases.
For home games, both sets of fans will have two options to gain entry into the Merseyrail Community Stadium.
- Order online – this option is simple, quick and secure and allows supporters to buy their match ticket on their mobile phone.
When the turnstiles open at 2pm, fans can then show their ticket on their phone for scanning.
Alternatively a PDF from the confirmation email can be printed and scanned
- Pay in person – supporters can still pay cash on the day of the game, but will have to queue at the Club Shop at the Home end of Haig Avenue to purchase a ticket before going to the turnstile. Please note the club shop closes 10 minutes before the scheduled kick off.
Visit https://southportfc.ktckts.com/brand/match-tickets to secure your ticket online, this method makes sure fans get the best possible match-day experience.
Car parking is on street parking with restrictions in force on Match Days. There is parking at KGV College just around the corner.
5 designated wheelchair spaces are available in shelter situated between the main stand and away section.
- Join M58 to junction 3
- Join A570 Signposted Southport
- Follow A570 through Ormskirk Town Centre following signs for Southport
- At the big roundabout (McDonalds is on the left) take the fourth exit
- Proceed along this road, playing fields on the left, retail park on your right until you reach the 2nd set of pedestrian lights and take the next left before the next set of traffic lights into Haig Avenue
- Proceed along Haig Avenue to the ground on your left
The Chester FC Media Team are dedicated to covering every single Blues match home and away. If you cannot make the game, all your links to matchday coverage are below…