MATCH REPORT | Farsley Celtic 0-2 Chester

    Chester continued their impressive away record with victory at Farsley Celtic in the National League North.

    It took until the second half for the deadlock to be broken, Kole Hall getting the opener on 68 minutes, before Kurt Willoughby made it safe with his 16th of the campaign. The hosts finished with nine men as Kian Scales and Tom Allan were both sent off in the 90.

    Calum McIntyre made four changes from the FA Trophy win on Saturday. Matty Williams, Joe Lynch, Hall and Adam Thomas came in for Alex Kenyon, Anthony Dudley, Danny Devine and Iwan Murray – who all dropped to the bench.

    It was the home side who started strongly and had some fantastic chances early on to take the lead.

    On three minutes, Frank Mulhern charged down an Liam Edwards ball forward which enabled him to charge through on goal, nevertheless ‘keeper Harry Tyrer was equal to it – making a strong save with his right leg.

    Moments later, a long throw from Tom Allan was clipped on to the top of the crossbar by Luke Parkin – before a Bobby Johnson corner was skied over from a matter of yards by Carlton Ubeazuonu.

    But Chester started to grow into the game after a shaky start and had chances of their own in a lively 45.

    Thomas drove an effort wide from inside the box after his initial headed attempt had been blocked back to him by Allan. Just beyond the half hour mark he went closer, running on to a Hall cross to strike first time, but Max Dearnley made an excellent save to tip it over.

    Dearnley was called into action again on 37 minutes, getting down low to deny Kurt Willoughby after the Blues’ top scorer had brilliantly controlled Thomas’ cross.

    The second half brought a slower start and less goalmouth action, as Tyrer was forced into two fairly comfortable saves to stop Ubeazuonu and then Lewis Butroid.

    But the Yellows got the opener midway through the half. Weeks stood a cross up which Dearnley failed to punch properly, and Hall was on hand at the back stick to rifle it in.

    Farsley’s task to get back into the match got harder on 78 minutes when Kian Scales was shown a straight red card for a late two-footed challenge on Lynch.

    And Chester made their advantage count with four remaining. A ball over the top found top scorer Willoughby, who kept his composure and slotted home.

    The Celt Army were shown two further red cards, one in-play when Allan was shown his second yellow, before sub Isaac Assesno was given two yellow cards after the full time whistle.

    CHESTER: Tyrer, Morgan, Edwards, Williams, Heywood, Roberts, Weeks, Lynch (Murray 88), Hall, Willoughby, Thomas (Caton 60).

    SUBS NOT USED: Kenyon, Dudley, Devine.

    SCORERS: Hall 68, Willoughby 86