REPORT | Harry makes it two in two as the Blues get a point

    Harry White’s second half equaliser earned the Blues a well deserved point on the road at AFC Fylde.

    Danny Rowe gave the home side the lead, but following a mistake from Simon Grand, White pounced on the opportunity to bring the visitors level.

    Marcus Bignot made one enforced change to the victorious Blues line-up from Ebbsfleet United on Saturday, with James Jones replacing Andy Halls – who picked up his tenth booking of the season at Stonebridge Road.

    With thirteen goals to his name this season, Danny Rowe currently leads the way as the National League’s lead marksman – and caused the visitors problems from the outset.

    Ryan Astles was alert to the danger however, as the Blues captain showed good vision to block a goal bound effort from the 27-year old forward.

    Chester looked resolute during the majority of the first half, with the strike partnership of Harry White and James Akintunde troubling the Coasters’ back line.

    Fresh from his first goal for the Blues on Saturday, White tested Jay Lynch with a tame header with twenty minutes on the clock, before James Jones forced the Fylde keeper into a routine save low to his right.

    Dave Challinor’s side breathed a sigh of relief just moments into the second half, after an early spell of pressure forced a corner for the visitors. Paul Turnbull whipped the ball in towards Astles, who headed his strike directly at Coaster keeper Lynch under little pressure in the penalty box.

    Despite the Blues edging the early stages in the second period, the home side fired themselves into the lead through Rowe. Peterborough United loanee Callum Chettle sent in an inch perfect cross for the Coasters striker who glanced his header beyond Blues keeper Sam Hornby.

    Ross Hannah’s introduction to the encounter sparked the game into life, and the Blues found their equaliser on the 68th minute. Simon Grand’s attempted back pass to Lynch was intercepted by the Blues striker, who saw his effort saved. But on the follow up, White slotted beyond the despairing Lynch to score his second goal in as many games for the Blues.

    AFC Fylde looked a threat through teenage substitute Serhat Tasdemir – as he was slid through and was denied by a good strong stop from Hornby.

    Chester looked a threat on the counter – and almost took the lead through Reece Hall-Johnson after he was found by Akintunde; however Jay Lynch was down the make the save.

    Tasdemir almost found the net from distance in added time – but his shot dropped on to the roof of the net. A deserved point for the Seals.

    Chester FC: Hornby, Hall-Johnson, Jones, Astles, Gough, James, Dawson, Shaw, Turnbull (Hannah 61), Akintunde, White.

    Subs not used: Lynch, Mahon, Crawford, Roberts

    Goals: Rowe 55; White 68

    Attendance: 1,531 (280 away)

    Referee: Karl Evans

    Match Report by Conor Shaw