MATCH REPORT | Spennymoor Town 0-3 Chester

    Chester made it back-to-back away wins with a superb victory in the North East at Spennymoor Town.

    Harrison Burke stepped forward from the back to notch a first half brace, with Anthony Dudley sealing the win in the second half after the hosts had been reduced to ten men with John Lufudu’s red card coming in first half stoppage time.

    Calum McIntyre made two changes from Saturday’s success at Boston United, as Alex Kenyon and Kole Hall came in for Liam Edwards and Anthony Dudley.

    The hosts started the stronger of the teams and had two early chances. Glen Taylor, so often a thorn in Chester’s side down the years, fired inches wide before Danny Greenfield’s curling free kick was pushed away by Harry Tyrer.

    Chester started to grow into the game and Danny Devine saw a shot deflect wide after some clever one-touch play. Just after this, Taylor gave the Yellows a let off as he blazed over unmarked from close range.

    And they made the Moors pay for that miss as Burke struck on 20. Weeks’ free kick dropped at the feet of the 20-year-old, who fired over Gio Bellagambi and into the net.

    It was a timely confidence boost and Chester continued to attack, Kole Hall’s low effort turned behind by the Spennymoor ‘keeper, before the lead was doubled with seven to play until the break. Burke again reacted well in the box, turning home after Weeks’ superb strike from 30 yards had crashed against the post.

    Rob Ramshaw almost pulled one back moments later when his header was deflected inches wide following a powerful delivery from Reece Kendall.

    However, the hosts chances of a fightback reduced just before the half time whistle as Lufudu hauled down the lively Iwan Murray when he was set to race through on goal. Referee Helen Conley was quick to brandish the red card.

    Chester managed the second half in professional fashion, retaining possession for large parts of the 45 and then making it safe on 69 minutes.

    Sub Dudley robbed Ramshaw of the ball high up the pitch and rounded up Bellagambi to seal it.

    Weeks and the impressive Devine also had chances to add to the scoreline by Spennymoor’s number one was equal to them – while Mark Anderson fired wide late on in an uneventful half at the other end.

    Back to back away wins for McIntyre’s men.

    CHESTER: Tyrer, Coates (Morgan 80), Burke, Kenyon, Heywood, Roberts, Devine, Weeks, Murray (Dudley 56), Hall (Thomas 70), Willoughby.

    SUBS NOT USED: Williams, Lynch.

    SCORERS: Burke 20 & 38, Dudley 69

    ATTENDANCE: 1,312 (88 Chester).